Archives for sash window

What is a Vertical Air Conditioner?

So what exactly is a vertical air conditioner?

You probably have heard of window air conditioners before, but did you know that there are two kinds of window air conditioning units?  The kind you need depends on the kind of window you have.

A “casement window” is a window that has two halves that open like French doors — they are hung on hinges on the side of the window.  If you have that kind of window, then you need a casement air conditioner, also called a vertical air conditioner.

A “sash window” or “hung sash window” is the more usual window that has two glass panels, one of which slides up behind the other.  If you have that kind of window, you need a horizontal window unit air conditioner.

Back to vertical air conditioners