Complete Buyer’s Guide makes money from the free content it shares on this site. Out of fairness to our users, and in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s rules for bloggers, we want to tell you the following:
- Many pages on this site summarize online reviews of products and services. Where this is the case, we have not personally used the products and services concerned, and we have no way of checking the accuracy of the online reviews. These pages are intended to be used as a starting place for your research – identifying products and services that may be worth more investigation. But you should always thoroughly investigate any product or service yourself before purchasing it.
- In addition, these summaries do not reproduce the entirety of the underlying reviews and cannot mention every detail mentioned by every reviewer. Again, they are intended as rough guides as to which products or services you may wish to investigate further.
- Many of the links on the sites are “affiliate links.” That means that if you click on a link that takes you to an outside vendor and then purchase a product, Complete Buyer’s Guide may receive a commission or advertising fee related to your purchase.
- In particular, without limiting the above, Complete Buyer’s Guide has applied to be a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We will update this notice if and when our application is approved.
- We may also receive compensation if you follow links contained in certain advertisements.
- We may also have received free or reduced-cost products or services from some of the product or service providers we endorse.
Your privacy is important to us.
Information We Collect:
Personally Identifiable Information:
If you provide it to us by signing up for a newsletter, download, or other communication, we collect your name and e-mail address.
If you submit comments on the site, any information you provide in those comments becomes public information. Please consider this carefully before submitting comments and in deciding what to include in your comments.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to our site:
- including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet;
- the internet address of the webpage or website from which you enter our site; and
- the pages you visit on our site and the amount of time you spend on each page and on the site.
This visitor information may be used to improve our website.
We also use Google analytics to gather and analyze this kind of non-personally identifiable information.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for the purposes of analyzing the way visitors use our website or to comply with applicable law.
Used with Google AdSense Ads:
The DoubleClick Cookie
The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the websites of its partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks, including this site. When users visit a partner’s website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user’s browser.
Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
Used by Third-Party Advertisers:
Third-party advertisers, including amazon.com, may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from visitors, and place or recognize cookies on visitors’ browsers.
We don’t know what information other websites that are linked to from this website collect, nor do we know how they use any information that they collect. We are not responsible for their collection and use of information. Please review their privacy policies for further information.
Please remember that no web transmission is completely secure. We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of information we collect.
This site is not intended for use by children, defined as those under 13 years of age. We will not knowingly collect personal information from a child.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you post any comments or otherwise post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- the Content is not named in a manner that misleads readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by us or otherwise.
By submitting Content for inclusion on the Website, you grant us a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in our sole discretion. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, we do not represent or imply that we endorse the material there posted, or that we believe such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which completebuyersguide.com links, and that link to completebuyersguide.com. We do not have any control over those non-Complete Buyer’s Guie websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Complete Buyer’s Guide website or webpage, Complete Buyer’s Guide does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Complete Buyer’s Guide websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by completebuyersguide.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. We will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of us or others. In the case of such termination, we will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to us.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from us to you any of our or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with us. Completebuyersguide.com, the completebuyersguide.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with completebuyersguide.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of our or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER WE NOR OUR SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, MAKE ANY WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT OR SERVICES THROUH, THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR OUR SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR: (I) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT FOR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (III) FOR INTERRUPTION OF USE OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR (IV) FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO US UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY DUE TO MATTERS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our contractors, and our licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and it may only be modified by a written amendment signed by our authorized executive, or by the posting by us of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Texas, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Houston, Texas. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Houston, Texas, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; we may assign our rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Thanks to the people at Automattic, Inc. (creators of WordPress.com) for making the preceding Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license.